A prestigious, family run engineering business are looking for a Customer Account Manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to provide outstanding levels of service and thereby to maximise the sales potential of all existing/prospective customers. The ideal candidate must have an excellent telephone manner, be IT literate with a passion for outstanding Customer Service, and cope well under pressure is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter all enquires onto the Customer Service Enquiry Database (The database) and encourage the customer to use the enquiry number generated.
- Process quotations given to customers through the database.
- Follow up quotations immediately to ensure they have been received and actively progressed to convert to sales orders. The co-ordinator will be targeted to achieve certain levels of quote conversion, sales turnover and most importantly, total gross margin contribution
- Enter sales orders onto “mainframe” system immediately upon receipt to enable MRP system to generate required purchase/works orders
- Establish the payment method and the delivery arrangements and enter orders clearly
- Book all sales/technical representatives visits requested by customers onto database
- Contact Dormant/low spending accounts regularly to establish reasons for reduced/non spend.
- Produce management information, statistics, and graphs (Quotes won, lost and pending) on a monthly basis.
- Continually improve the stockholding of the company by suggesting additions/removals to and from the stock range.
- Present yourself in a professional and courteous manner, carrying out activities safely by following working practices set down in the company Quality manual.
- Support the Sales and Customer Services team to ensure all quotes are followed up, and sales leads are allocated appropriately.
- Maintain healthy relationships with existing customers, while opening up fresh customers.
- Monitor the trends and evaluate the performance assessed against monthly sales goals.
- Great listening skills to fully grasp the situation and provide the best solution
- Excellent time management to handle everything to a high quality and standard
- A good relationship builder, maintaining trust and confidence throughout
- Strong communication and people skills remaining compassionate in your approach
- Adaptable, flexible and focused approach in the workplace