A leading global manufacturer of high-pressure hydraulic products are looking for a Global Project Manager to join their team. The company pride themselves on their inclusive company culture where everyone is accepted, valued and equal. The unique perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of the team help to unlock solutions that drive the business forward.
The Global Project Manager uses a variety of frameworks and processes to encourage creative, forward-thinking, value-added solutions for the organization. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic innovation leader that collaborates with a diverse, global, group of engineers, product managers and designers to help identify customer unmet needs, and assure innovative solutions are based on enterprise-wide design principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Global Project Manager will be chartered to deliver various new product development projects on-time and within agreed upon budgets. Coordinating activities across a global organization within a cross functional team.
- Manage and coordinate all activities within a project environment, delivering new product development projects for the Bolting Centre of Expertise (CoE).
- Develop and execute effective communications promoting team involvement, decision making and ensuring critical employee relationships are positively maintained.
- Assess project risks relating to timeline, engineering feasibility, and cost targets and implement sound practices to reduce / eliminate those risks through multiple concept exploration and pre-planning processes.
- Monitor project expense and capital purchases, forecast future expenditures, and manage within agreed upon project funding limits.
- Drive success by coaching and mentoring internal stakeholders, by supporting and leading key initiatives and driving teams to user outcomes.
- Manage to an established global new product development process to ensure projects are based on user needs and opportunities.
- Lead and deploy continuous improvements directed toward process excellence and lean execution.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Travel globally as needed.
- Ensure all HSSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement
- Always represent the Company in a professional manner, both internally and externally.
- Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Be an ambassador for the businesses ensure that Health & Safety always comes first
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar
- Demonstrable experience combined Project Management or Program Management, Engineering Leadership, and Marketing or Product Management experience, with hands-on experience.
- A combination of strong engineering, financial, and business acumen.
- PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent is required.
- Familiarity with hydraulic torque and tension tools or technology is desired.
- Front End Innovation (FEI) experience, actively participating on a front-end development to determine customer unmet needs. Ability to document requirements in a clear and structured manner.
- Experience in a cross-functional environment, driving design success across multiple facets of the company.
- Demonstration of a keen understanding of the NPD process and how decisions in the front end directly affect product outcomes.
- Ability to sell across the organization, developing compelling value propositions and evangelizing them effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization globally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office suite.
- Pro-active in undergoing continuous learning in technical know-how and hands-on.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including executive management.
- Competencies: Design thinking, strategic thinking, apply quantitative data, encourage innovation, readily adapt, encourage commitment, motivate, and energize, help foster a new way of thinking and promote collaboration.