A world class manufacturer are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to manage the Northern half of the UK to manage an existing customer base and to develop and grow the revenue from the territory. If you are an experienced fluid power sales engineer with practice in multi market territories, and a self-motivated individual this may be the role for you.
The company have a wide product range of Pneumatic Pressure Regulators, Instrumentation, Elastomeric Diaphragms, Gas pressure regulators, Silicones and other associated company products are suited to a wide section of markets including factory automation, process control, instrumentation, Oil and Gas, Machine building and Process engineering.
The position will be a home-based role ideally located in the northern area of the UK, with training available in both the UK & US as well as extensive travel within the territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop sales with existing customers in the territory and travel throughout the territory visiting both potential new and existing customers.
- Identify and contact new customers who might benefit from company products and maximise potential in designated regions.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both customer and company needs.
- Calculate customer quotations and manage customer accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required.
- Arrange and carry out product training as required.
- Analyse costs and sales.
- Keep customer records.
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Help in the design of custom-made products.
- A solid technical background
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Teamworking ability
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- A full driving licence
What you can expect:
- Salary will be £45k
- 8% pension
- £25K car/ £4000 car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- Death in service benefit
- Training in UK/USA